After your procedure, you will be taken to the recovery room. Expect approximately one hour to recover from anesthesia and surgery. Our recovery nurses will take excellent care of you during this time. After you are awake, one visitor will be allowed back with you in the recovery room.
Pain Management – At Creekside Surgery Center, we use the latest in pain management techniques to relieve your pain after surgery. We will use a combination of IV, oral, and local pain medications to make you as comfortable as possible. For orthopedic procedures, ask us about having a peripheral nerve block to control postoperative pain.
Discharge – Your nurse will review your discharge instructions with you and your family when you are ready to leave the facility. You will also receive a copy of instructions to follow while recuperating at home. These instructions will include:
- Information about the surgical procedure performed
- What to expect as you recover from the anesthesia
- Instructions about your care at home
- How to use any assistive devices you may need (for example, crutches, walker)
- Instructions for your medications and any food and drug interactions
- How to care for your wound and dressings
- Your diet
- When to call your physician for a follow up visit
- What signs and symptoms to report to your physician
- Any additional information or instructions you may need
- Please ask the nurse to explain any instructions you do not understand. It is very important for you to follow your physician’s orders once you get home. One of our nurses will contact you 24-48 hours after your procedure to check on your recovery. Please ask any remaining questions at this time.